Four Corners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Corners.

I’m planning a trip next month to the four corners area. I’ve never actually been to that particular area, and not even sure where I’ll be staying yet. Probably around Cortez of Dolores maybe. The wife and I are wanting to do some hiking and mountain biking and I definitely want to see some ancient sites....saooooooo

any suggestions?? I know some of you have been there...😮
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Based on where you plan on staying, you would be a stones throw from Canyon of the Ancients National Monument:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/nationa...f-the-ancients

You would also be close to Mesa Verde National Park. Cliff Palace is the most famous ruin, but they only allow guided tours now, can’t just visit it on your own. If they are allowing visits to Long House, getting into the early morning first tour is best, there will be fewer people. The coronavirus has affected what is open, what is not, so would have to adjust accordingly, but hard to top Mesa Verde, except might be crowded. Hovenweep National Monument right over line in SE Utah is great. If you ventured west into Az., hard to beat a day long Navajo led tour of Canyon de Chelly National Monument on the Navajo Reservation. Just south of where you’re staying is Chaco Canyon National Monument in N.M. Long road in, spectacular Pueblo ruins.

Of all these places, a day long Navajo guided tour of Canyon de Chelly, Az. was probably my most memorable day, for the cliff dwellings visited, and the scenery in the canyon. That said, Mesa Verde has the largest cliff dwellings.

For hiking and cliff dwellings, the Bears Ears region in SE Utah is tops. Hands down the best.

Rhode Island

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I am doing some researching now.👍👍

Can be one of the best trips for getting into the Canyon area....

https://www.mesaverdecountry.com/see...n-tribal-park/
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you...I was hoping to hear from you.👍👍

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds great, and probably less crowded than the well known locations.
Working...
X