Waldo!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waldo!!

We are really not sure of our exact location. In NM, near the Arizona border, between Fence Lake and Quemado.
    Our #1 favorite find from yesterday's very long drive and very long walk.
    We visited the "Where's Waldo" (WW) rock on the way out, to take some close ups.
    It seems there could be significance on the directional markings on the WW rock, and I find it interesting that the rocks we found yesterday do not show all the same symbols on the WW rock, but they do show some symbols repeatedly. (feet)
    We wondered how long it would take to walk from rock 1 to rock 2.
    Still wondering if WW rock is an ancient trail marker, and now wondering if yesterday's find is one of the referenced locations on the trail marker.
    The defense perimeters for this location stand strong today.
    What were they defending?
    What were they defending against?

great petroglyph rock.
    Wyoming

Comment

Yep that's pretty neat!!! I'd like to make a rubbing of some of those glyphs!!
      North Carolina

Comment

• CJRocks101
        CJRocks101 commented
        Editing a comment
        We thought they were pretty neat too! Glad to show them to you if you're ever in this neck of the woods! You bring the paper ... a really big piece of paper!

Nice one, the geometric line ones seem to be newer that the figures, animals, snake, human like one’s but not by much, not seeing any alien stuff, can’t call the ear protrusions or the thing on top of the head antenna or anything like that, probably just symbolism, maybe sky people that the ancients saw, I don’t know ,,, find me some alien stuff,,
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• CJRocks101
        CJRocks101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your ears weren't burning?? There were so many rocks with drawings in that area, and one of them brought the exclamation "That looks like an alien!" from another in the group, and I said "I wonder what Hal would think of this." They asked "Who is Hal?" ... and I explained!
        Wondering if you are familiar with Kachina figures. Square head (looks like helmet) .... ???
        My first impression of what was in that guy's hair was "bones". And the ears .... ??? Maybe portraying an 'ear plug'?
        I absolutely agree that some are older. It's like you can see the refinement of the drawings over time. It was so amazing ... and a little eerie.
        We took hundreds of photos ... but have very limited bandwidth. Working on it ....

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m very familiar with kachinas..there’s no doubt in my mind that people were and are visited, but they are not gods......they crashed a few ships, what kind of god does that?

Nice
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
      X