Safety Harbor MuseumNo.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Harbor MuseumNo.3

This museum is also a teaching one, classrooms from the school’s are taught Local history...they can handle fossils arrowheads, etc...I thought the bow drill was interesting...Pic.2 is a Chattahoochee brushed vessel, from Northwest Florida...My diving buddy got this in the form of sherds, from a collector who found em on a Seminole site along the Appalatchicola River in north fla...I put car keys in the foreground for size comparison, these type vessels are large as far as southeastern pottery goes...Anyway I traded don for it and here it sits where folks can enjoy a part of Florida Seminole culture, Pic.3, self explanatory, I hope...P.S...The Seminole indians were made up of indians rom the Creek confederacy who refused to go on the trail of tears to Oklahoma, a number of black folks also the joined them and fought in the Florida Seminole wars...Thanks for lookin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3D76A54B-315D-48ED-B884-279E2FA4CF9D.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	483146 Click image for larger version

Name:	52322C50-C981-4886-B387-519C2114D78A.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	483147 Click image for larger version

Name:	8B1E0926-2464-4BD3-81A3-CFF3D2323D11.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	483148
    Floridaboy.

Good sharing, thanks Hal.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Was a little different drilling that using the battery powered ones of today !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I guess whoever made it tried it out, wish I would’ve thought to make those kinds of things way back when...
    Working...
    X