The red-headed giant cannibals of the South West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The red-headed giant cannibals of the South West

I read a blurb on this in an old archaeology magazine and have become quite intrigued. Have others heard of these ancient cannibalistic giants up to 12 feet tall that used to roam the South West? There are supposedly 2 skulls that exist. I'm not sure if they have been photographed or published along with artifacts from this race of giants. Surely if it were true there would be more info out there and I'd have heard about it. But there is a lot about it on the Internet. Just wondering if anyone here might believe there is a good chance it's true. Many thanks....
    Joel

This discussion seems to sum it all up best from a non-biased point of view
    The Si-Ta-Cah

Comment

Yeah, I've known of that story for many years. I imagine the odds don't favor a race of giant redheads, but the Paiutes tell the tale.......
      Rhode Island

Comment

Joel
        There were some very tall natives  5-6" to 6-2" that lived on the Texas coast in the area of Corpus Christi called the Karankwa. The Spanish had a lot of run ins with them and came to peace with them after many years of fighting. The Texans appropriated their lands and killed them off, their excuse in doing so was they were despicable, inferior, barley human creatures.
        Jack

Comment

TatankaBlanca wrote:

The Si-Ta-Cah
          There is also a balanced Wiki entry on Si-Te-Cah

For anyone with an interest in these controversial kinds of finds, I would recommend reading “The Hidden History of the Human Race” by Michael Cremo & Richard Thompson. For amusement only or to get an awareness of the controversies of alternative archaeology. Get the condensed version in paperback… the full version has a very expanded list of references, but no more real information.
          Just to prepare you for it, here’s a couple of reviews:

“A remarkably complete review of all the evidence concerning human origins, including evidence that has been ignored because it does not fit the dominant paradigm” (Dr Phillip E Johnson, University of California at Berkeley).

“Your book is pure humbug and does not deserve to be taken seriously by anyone but a fool. Sadly, there are some, but that’s a part of selection and there is nothing that can be done” (Richard Leakey, Anthropologist).

The book has sections on all of the controversial finds in archaeology relating to human development where the evidence is open to argument. Even Cremo & Thompson don’t reference the (Si-Te-Kah) Lovelock Cave finds.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Oh... and I should just warn anyone of a sensitive disposition that there is mention of the alleged 3 million year old femur from Argentina with a Solutrean-Style point embedded in it!
              :woohoo:  :whistle: 
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Bought the full version of that book many years ago, Roger, but never found the time to wade through but a small portion of it.
              Rhode Island

Comment

painshill wrote:

Oh... and I should just warn anyone of a sensitive disposition that there is mention of the alleged 3 million year old femur from Argentina with a Solutrean-Style point embedded in it!
                  __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
                All I can say is wow, please post a doctored picture, use photo shop.

Comment

[QUOTE]greywolf22 wrote:

Originally posted by painshill post=51111
                    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
                  Jack, scroll about 80% of the way down this page to figure 9.5 and there's your photo. You just can't make this stuff up. Oh, wait a second, of course you can :S

Rhode Island

Comment

TatankaBlanca wrote:

The Si-Ta-Cah
                    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
                    That sounds like they made the story it up as they went along.
                    Jack

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

[quote=greywolf22 post=51178]
                      Originally posted by painshill post=51111
                      Jack, scroll about 80% of the way down this page to figure 9.5 and there's your photo. You just can't make this stuff up. Oh, wait a second, of course you can :S

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
                      If the contex is true it will tell a story, if not then it tells nothing.

Comment

Jack, I was just surprised I could actually locate a photo of the alleged 3 million year old femur with embedded projectile. I don't believe it for a second.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

This reminds me of something I was reading just the other day.  George Catlin's first hand accounts of the Native Americans is great stuff and should be required for every history (and pre-history) buff.
                            This is from George Catlin's "Letters and Notes on the Manners, Customs, and Conditions of the North American Indians" Letter No. 38, pp 40. " The Osage may justly be said to be the tallest race of men in North America, either of red or white skins; there being very few indeed of the men, at their full growth, who are less than six feet in stature, and very many of them six and a half , and others seven feet.  They are at the same time well proportioned in their limbs, and good looking; being rather narrow in the shoulders, and, like most are very tall people, a little inclined to stoop; not throwing the chest out, and the head and shoulders back, quite as much as the Crows and Mandans, and other tribes amongst, which I have been familiar.  Their movement is graceful and quick; and in war an dthe chase, I think they are equal to any of the tribes about them."  In describing Black Dog, a sub-chief of the Osage " His height, I think, is seven feet; and his limbs full and rather fat, making his bulk formidable, and weighing, perhaps, some 250 or 300 pounds." 
                          When you consider the average height of most Native Americans at the time was just over 5 feet tall, 7 foot would be a "giant" indeed.  I have heard stories of the early Osage, of stature and ferocity in battle, they were very formidable.  It's easy to understand how they controlled such a large area.

Comment

I don't know what to think in regards to this "legend". Seems as though there would be a lot more proof.  A red headed white skinned human native to the Southwest?  Seems as though skin cancer would kill them dead at a very early age. So I really do not believe this legend. I do like the mysteries of the SW though, and reading about them.  In fact, all the mysteries of American archaeological origin, like Roanoke.  Personally, in regards to Roanoke, I believe the theory the settlers integrated into the surrounding Indian's tribes.  I read a theory on that and the guy made sense and had some pretty good facts to support his theories.
                            Regards,
                            Joel

Comment

FYI guys, I finally found a photo of this mummuy.  Its in a magazine and I'll need to scan it, but it is dated about 1895 and was taken at the Smithsonian after they purchased it for $500.00.  Can't seem to find it on the web.

Comment

Working...
                              X