Mississippi Mound Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Mound Trail

As I live 30 minutes away from this site I passed by today and stopped to share pictures with you guys.if you have not heard of it I would encourage you to look it up. As many sites are still a mystery and many lost forever due to farm crops. This is batesville mound site.
    Mississippi

.looks interesting...good pics...I'll look it up
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Whatever you do don't look for artifacts in that spot. I have mounds in my town to but they are all protected.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• MacAttack662
        MacAttack662 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha that is the fast track to the crossbar motel. Most of these have been excavated documented and returned to it's resting place so they will know exactly where the point come from. But the whole time I was there my eyes were glued to the ground no matter how hard I tried

I don't know about where y'all live but here it's a lot of flat land so they were mound builders. 90% of campsites here we're on mounds. Not this elaborate but high enough to keep them out of flood water. So when you hear me say hunting a mound that's what I'm referring to. Not a burial or ritual or otherwise protected mound.
      Mississippi

Comment

Working...
      X