Ranchera Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranchera Grande

Not much is known about ranchera Grande , there is a notation in Diego Ramon's diary where he described this as the largest city in Texas at the time of Spanish exploration, there are numerous trails in Southern milam county associated with this village, my home is just a couple of hours walk from there

2ET703 South Central Texas

The Texas Historical Commission is the state agency for historic preservation. Our nationally recognized programs bring awareness to Texas' architectural, archeological, and cultural landmarks.

Comment

Was spelling rancheria wrong, not ranchera

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

Good read a lot of history on that site .

Comment

That links are really good, I appreciate you sharing. Thanks
          New Jersey

Comment

the pic shows Little River bottom is where Rancheria Grande is said to have been located, the Darl was found near there on the river bank
            Attached Files

Comment

Great idea buying books on your location .
              my husband saw my interest in the South Eastern area and Georgia . I can’t tell you how much it helped me to put 7-8 books under my belt then start asking questions on here .
              This site has not only helped me but as you can already tell the people on here are so willing to share their knowledge .
              Even if your an expert this is something new in every state like yours I will never see .
              Cheers to learning . Thank you for the link .

Comment

Working...
              X