Whats in a word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats in a word

I have been thinking which in it's self is a bad thing some of the times. Most all have used the word Indian, to describe indigenous people the inhabited the Americas. Also the word Native Americans is still not a correct word, this would imply there origins are from the Americas. So I guess i am down to Nomadic people from an unknown region that inhabited the Americas. Well as you can see it was bad for me to be thinking today.
    Chase
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

chase wrote:

I have been thinking which in it's self is a bad thing some of the times. Most all have used the word Indian, to describe indigenous people the inhabited the Americas. Also the word Native Americans is still not a correct word, this would imply there origins are from the Americas. So I guess i am down to Nomadic people from an unknown region that inhabited the Americas. Well as you can see it was bad for me to be thinking today.
    Chase
    Sounds like you been a tippin' the jug ! Got a taste left for me ? I think the new PC term is "First Americans" You know I've always thought That "deep thinkin'" was dangerous !

Comment

Much is in a word!  Many words have various meanings.  You definitely gotta' watch how ya' use some of them!  Been there done that...

Comment

[QUOTE]Butch Wilson wrote:

Originally posted by chase post=56111
        Chase
        Sounds like you been a tippin' the jug ! Got a taste left for me ? I think the new PC term is "First Americans" You know I've always thought That "deep thinkin'" was dangerous !
        Butch, I should have been tipping the jug for such a post. It was a feeble attempt at humor. I know First Americans is accepted, but I am not sure they have established who was the first Americans. You also could say Pre-Columbus Americans but I think you could debate that as well.

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

[quote=Butch Wilson post=56112]
          Originally posted by chase post=56111
          Chase
          Butch, I should have been tipping the jug for such a post. It was a feeble attempt at humor. I know First Americans is accepted, but I am not sure they have established who was the first Americans. You also could say Pre-Columbus Americans but I think you could debate that as well.
            Chase,
          Just call them, "First Peoples known to the Americas."  One little word can make a world of difference!  Who are we talking about anyway? :S

Comment

Chase, didn't you see my warning bout that deep thinkin'?

Comment

:laugh:  :side:  :silly: 
              You all are right. Now I think that I will rest the old brain man do I have a headache.

Comment

Working...
              X