Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just wondering what the story is behind your avatar pictures and thought it might be fun if people would post them if they like and maybe tell the story behind them. Must be a reason you have chosen them.
    I use this one it’s a Eastern Dalton I found a couple of years ago. We had a member named Nate who called it a Superman Dalton cause it has the inclusion of a S on the one side. I always thought it was a funny joke so I keep it. Nate went on to making videos on YouTube and I haven’t seen him post in a really long time but I still like the colors of it. Click image for larger version  Name:	DE096936-8482-426E-85EF-F1A9CC87294D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	602216Click image for larger version  Name:	FF457053-5994-4686-8F82-D7984301B6EB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	602217
    NW Georgia,

My avatar pic was taken years ago at a remote spot that I traveled by canoe to get to. It’s my first and only Susquehanna broad point. I found it while I was standing in the water. Flipped it a few times with my ski pole and was amazed to see a green colored stealth fighter looking point. I had a long walk back to the canoe and was only wearing a bathing suit and t-shirt so I cleaned it up a bit and popped it in my mouth for safe keeping.
    New York

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	never give up.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	602277
      Dual sport walker great for fishing and hunting gravel bars
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• UpNorth
        UpNorth commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha… that’s me in 30 years.. whatever it takes..👍

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Now yer talkin👍

Originally posted by Hoss View Post

Name:	never give up.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	602277
      Dual sport walker great for fishing and hunting gravel bars
      If you don’t like the post please remove it. Just take it down
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cskelton
        Cskelton commented
        Editing a comment
        It was his avatar at one time. He's not making any sort of statement about your idea for a topic...

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        SH, you big ole sweet sensitive ruff tuff hunter! Can’t imagine any possible reason wanna take down wonderful topic (did think maybe Hoss mistakenly put picture in here, meant random pictures Off the Wall)!

And Cskil, thank you! What clever ex-avatar and caption! Bet Hoss changed coz time maybe made not so funny possibility!
        Last edited by Cecilia; 11-28-2021, 04:35 AM.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup my old avatar no joke sh

Mine is an old picture of some Nodena/Willow Leaf points. These ended up in the Earl Townsend collection, and I bought a couple at one of his auctions.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Mine is self explanatory..
        ~~~ SKI~U~ MAH~~~
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• UpNorth
          UpNorth commented
          Editing a comment
          I am very proud to carry Lakota blood…🩸

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          🤔 interesting. It started with canoe race, i woulda thought it was conceived at a dog sled race 🙂

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to look up Ski-U-Mah!…. for all other non-Minnesnowtans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski-U-Mah_(slogan)

Maybe I'll come back and edit the story/link it to the topic later on but from memory It was found on a hunting day like any other but I'm sure there was a good rain not long before my hunt. I went to the creek and walked around awhile and I dont think I found much. There is a runoff near where I park and I had never found much in it but I figured I'd take a look anyway like I had done many times before and low and behold I seen something in the shallow water! This Point in My avatar and I did get the insitu also.

That sort of thing happened to me a few times. I go in a big oval somewhat and when I'm about done there's a point! Nice Stories Guys!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I wish had wonderful flint/Chert paleo be my avatar on great forum called Arrowhead.com! But only whole points I’ve found quartz with iffy typology (is it a Bonham? Is it a Gary?) So, went with the Chac Mool on top of Temple of Warriors, Chichen Itza:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	60F77031-E7BA-4F7A-96A3-D050F7EB2A30.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	602329
          When younger, touched every ancient structure I could, even busted butt climbing a few, but alas, a lot of them now off limits to visitors’ hands and feet…..
          Last edited by Cecilia; 11-28-2021, 04:17 AM.
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
            Narrow Way Knapper commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't been to that one, but in 04 I visited one that looked similar in Oaxaca, Mexico. Strategically located where several valleys came together. They had everything a heart doctor could want, including a stone table.

My avatar is a Connecticut find from 2018 https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...303058-ct-find
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Mine is a point I managed to coax out of a piece of triflow obsidian. Managed to get two points out of the spall.

Name:	IMG_20150525_065326101.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	602342
            South Carolina

Comment

My avatar is a match set of shed elk antlers that I picked up on a day I had no business being on the mountain. We have a lot of "horn poachers".. these guys watch the elk herds and when they start to drop their headgear they sneak in and steal them. I knew they were watching this big bull. We had a morning that was dense fog, perfect cover for these lowlife scum to move around without being seen. I decided to try to catch them in the act... I went up and stumbled on the first one in a clearing. Didn't see it until I was about 3 feet from it. So I started looking for the match. Big bulls tend to drop theirs close to each other so i figured it had to be somewhat close... after about an hour I stumbled on the other side in a snow bank, quite some distance and elevation above the other. I sat them in the snow and snapped a picture. You can kinda see the fog behind them. Didn't catch any poachers that day, guess they were too smart to be up there in that weather.
              Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

The Nicest Adena I have found to date.

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

No fancy story with mine, just was digging a hole and my shovel tapped the side; was glad it was complete and I didn't damage it. Here's some regular pictures of it.
                  Attached Files
                  🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
                  X