‘Sky Panther’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Sky Panther’

Here’s a link to an article dealing with a comet that affected Hopewell culture and seen by other peoples in North America 1500 years ago.

I read that article as well. The sky is a big, busy and dangerous place. Most folks nowadays don’t even look up in wonder anymore. A great many folks have never experienced a truly dark sky due to light pollution. Watching one of the many yearly meteor showers is better than any streaming series on TV in my book.
    👍😀
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It was interesting
      South Dakota

Comment

When I was about ten, my dad who was a missionary pilot took me to the Caquinte village of Quitepampani in the Peruvian Amazon. That night, there was no moon and it was so dark that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. The stars were incredible! Felt like I could touch them. I can see how ancient people would be familiar with any changes in the heavens.
        South Carolina

Comment

The two places where the stars were ultra vivid were camping in Haleakala Crater on Maui and Evolution Valley backpacking in the Sierra’s back in the early 80’s. If you want sunsets, Tuscon Az.

Comment

Here’s a better link the other one wanted me to download an app before I read article . https://www.uc.edu/news/articles/202...-hopewell.html . There’s no brick walls in space it’s as infinite as numbers and I can’t wait till they get that new Jane’s Webb telescope up and going . I can’t wait to see astronomers eat crow 😁. Every time they think they have seen the furthest reaches of the universe they keep adding billions more galaxies to the list . The end is just the beginning of so much more than anyone can ever imagine. “ Eye 👁 has not seen, ear has not heard, nor even entered into the hearts of man the things that God has prepared for those that love Him . “

Comment

I’ve been following the progress of the James Webb telescope for years. Been a loooong wait but I think it will be worth the wait. Once the commissioning period is over it will be ready to dazzle.
              👍😀
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
              X