Native Swamp crossing !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Swamp crossing !

I was out today and noticed a man made Rd built up 4 ft high and 10 feet wide through a swamp in the lowest portion of a field unsatisfactory for any thing but people and it has lage roots holding it together and large cedar trees growing in it all over with a small stream making it into two sections that crossing appears ancient about 75 yards long altogether anyone ever herd of anything like this it is right at a pottery covered section of the field .metal detected it not a beep
    New Jersey

I have never heard of Native road building in these parts Bull. Take some pictures for me when you get out there again. K
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Could it be a very old beaver dam?
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Now that’s a good call Trav .

Comment

Years ago I was walking a big old beaver dam and found an old embossed bottle wedged in the tangle. It was from a druggist that went out of business in 1906. Those critters built things to last. We should take a lesson from that.
          Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Posted a video in video section
            New Jersey

Comment

New Jersey

Comment

Sounds like a man made dike. Possibly an early attempt at some sort of improvement for flood control or agricultural endeavor.

Comment

That is what it got to be they have a dam and a pond 100 yards upstream
                  New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                  X