Smiling figures of veracruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiling figures of veracruz

I saw this painting on the internet based on the smiling figures of the Totonaca culture of Veracruz Mx, one of the children holds his toy in his hand, I like these figures a lot, I hope you like them
    In chimalli in macahuitl

I have replica mask first pic (among many others), got many years ago. Gotta go find him now!

Here he is, sideways, with lil different hat
    Click image for larger version  Name:	52170EEC-8F27-48D2-A972-7E1AEF5B0B0C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	647301
    Last edited by Cecilia; 07-25-2022, 01:43 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Tenoch
      Tenoch commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool Ceci! Have you visited several places in Mexico? Where have you been?

I’ve seen photos of ceramic toys from Mexico with actual wheels. Well, here’s a description I just found. It does seem odd to use wheels on figurines, and wheels nowhere else. I love the one that looks so much like Mickey Mouse.

For many years it was believed the Mesoamerican people had failed to invent the wheel, then Mesoamerican wheeled toys began to be found...
    Rhode Island

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting 👍

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear that CMD. I never understood why the used wheels for toys but never invented the wheeled cart. Baffling.  K

Tenoch, was trying remember specific names of some lesser archeological sites in Mexico I’ve been. My young avatar self sitting Choc Mool’s lap atop Temple of Warriors in Chichen Itza, but saw other Choc Mools in museums (maybe In Mexico City?). I remember climbing on Tulum ruins Mexico’s interior, and ruins in Cozumel and in Cancun, and on Mayan lighthouse on Isla Mujeres. But had many other archeological adventures below Mexico, too, in Belize, Guatemala….. spent all $ made over years that tho now broke have incredible (albeit fading) memories !!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Great Ceci, I think you were a nomadic hippie ?. yes in Mexico City there is a Chac Mol, in the main temple of Tenochtitlan. Ceci travel is worth every minute and penny, deny me!
      By the way your avatar is cool, yes, you look like a hippie.
      In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

Working...
      X