Tlaiximatini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tlaiximatini

The ancient Nahuas said that at sunrise, the precious stones emanate an "Ihyotl" "exhalation," the expert seeker "tlaiximatini" was guided by this
    ihyotl to know where to find them.
    Image of the Florentine codex
    Last edited by Tenoch; 07-25-2022, 09:36 PM.
    In chimalli in macahuitl

CoolšŸ‘
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Good Stuff , what is the translation for ihyotl?
      2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• Tenoch
        Tenoch commented
        Editing a comment
        It's Nahuatl ihyotl it's like a exhalation or like a vapor or something like that
        Last edited by Tenoch; 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM.

• Tenoch
        Tenoch commented
        Editing a comment
        the element in the center of the image is the stone glyph, "tetl", and it looks like a kind of steam comes out of it

That colorful illustration is simply beautiful!

O yes, the power of vaporsā€¦

My Daughter and I went to city of Delphi in Greece where ā€œThe Oracleā€ allegedly sat, doling out cryptic answers to Qs from kings and conquerors about battlesā€™ outcomes. The specific place this priestess sat was over rock crevice from whence some kinda gaseous fumes escaped from deep within earth. Local temple management simply parked young virginal acolyte who breathed in vapors, got loopy, and babbled whatever in response to those paying big financial homage!

My, my, religion ainā€™t changed much, huh?!

O, btw Tenoch, does word Atlatl really come from some Aztec word ? That word means water/river/something wet?
      Last edited by Cecilia; 07-30-2022, 01:45 PM.
      Digging in GA, ā€˜bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

I'm not sure, I think it comes from "tlaza" to throw, it's not Aztec, but Nahuatl.
        Can you define Aztec for me? because "huilantli" is what you call metate "metlatl". which is similar but not the same. There is a confusion between the terms Azteca, Mexica, Tenochca and Nahuas, dont feel bad even the colonized Mexicans do it, Azteca is a late name that began to be used in the eighteenth century, and yes Ceci, Atl means water
        Last edited by Tenoch; 08-10-2022, 02:54 AM.
        In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          ā€œAztecā€: palabra utilizada incorrectamente por WordGirl referencia idioma hablado por el Aztec gente (???)
      Working...
      X