Teul Hill site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teul Hill site

Cerro del Teul in Zacatecas is a site with 1700 years of uninterrupted occupation (200 BC/1521 AD), that is many artifacts.Last hills inhabitants were the Caxcanes, the Gachupines and Indigenous allies of central Mexico destroyed the site, and relocated them to the lowlands.
    Archeologists have located 7 shaft tombs, of the set only one sealed,a ball game, at each end of the game there were two Big sculptures of decapitated players, they only found 2, there is a sunken patio, a square with two pyramidal bases and a central altar, between the principal pirámidal base and the altar winds an aqueduct,there are a furnace for smelting copper,maybe Amazonite beads also were made on the site, they have located abundant materials in all phases of operational chain, there are caves and rock shelters with petroglyphs and paintings, the traverse is 150 hectares, only 6 have been excavated and consolidated, and research continues,nice site, visit Mexico!!
    ​​
    Attached Files
    In chimalli in macahuitl

Thanks for sharing this.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hi Tenoch. I appreciate your sharing this with us. A very interesting site. I had to do a bit of research to find out where the town was and what city it is near. It seems it is located about 70 miles north of Guadalajara. That is a super site. I'm thinking that the pyramids, ball courts, etc. that were on the hill but the corn and vegetable fields were located in the flatland in the valley closer to the river. Were pyramids and ball courts relocated to the valley as well? Are the ball courts about the same size as the Mayan courts? I visited many Mayan sites in Yucatan, Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras and have a good idea of how they were constructed. It looks like Mexico is doing a good job at preserving their little known smaller sites and not just the large famous ones

Comment

Fantastic Tenoch. Still learning after almost 70 years. K
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• sailorjoe
          sailorjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          I am still leaning also and I am 82.
      Working...
      X