Simplistic frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplistic frame

This frame is one of my favorites. A game stick or? found in the middle of a wickee-up, some buffalo horns which the last one was known Buffalo in the area was back in the 1890's and a rare grooved hammer-stone for this area. The top is a pegged fence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1244 c [replaced].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	221037
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Who knew you had such an artistic side Chase??? Lol, I think that looks really cool man! Very rustic looking yet historically significant!  I like it! Thanks for showing it!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Kyflintguy wrote:

Who knew you had such an artistic side Chase??? Lol, I think that looks really cool man! Very rustic looking yet historically significant!  I like it! Thanks for showing it!
        That was pretty lame on my part. I need to use leather. Here is some of my artistic side.

Comment

That's not lame at all! Wow! I've been dabbling a bit with the paint and pallet... meager results.  Those are beautiful man, I can see the landscapes of your area have inspired you! Great work Chase! I'm trying to mix my amateur artistic side with my passion for American pre history. .. I may have to watch some more Bob Ross though,  more practice is in my future lol.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Kyflintguy wrote:

That's not lame at all! Wow! I've been dabbling a bit with the paint and pallet... meager results.  Those are beautiful man, I can see the landscapes of your area have inspired you! Great work Chase! I'm trying to mix my amateur artistic side with my passion for American pre history. .. I may have to watch some more Bob Ross though,  more practice is in my future lol.
          Now what was not said, was that those were done with primary colors mixed on a palate Red yellow and blue with white to make the hues That was the way I was taught. mix any color from the primary.

Comment

That's very impressive to me, all those color ranges from a few primary colors!  Takes some keen observations and a good eye for color and lighting  imo.
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Kyflintguy wrote:

That's very impressive to me, all those color ranges from a few primary colors!  Takes some keen observations and a good eye for color and lighting  imo.
              Thank You! the last thing is they were not done with a brush, but with a palate knife

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

Originally posted by Kyflintguy post=141469
                Thank You! the last thing is they were not done with a brush, but with a palate knife
                   :woohoo: wow! That must take mad skillz! I didn't know you could do that much with a palate knife!
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I like that frame, when you showed it to me I thought it was one of the coolest I'd ever seen. It speaks volumes.
                  So your an artist too? Nice work Chase! One of my favorites is Bierstadt, he captured scenes like yours using light with breathtaking beauty.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Chase, Those paintings are not what I would call, dabbling. They are absolutely beautiful, with great detail and eye appeal! I would buy one of these and PROUDLY hang it on my wall for everyone to see!
                    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

pkfrey wrote:

Chase, Those paintings are not what I would call, dabbling. They are absolutely beautiful, with great detail and eye appeal! I would buy one of these and PROUDLY hang it on my wall for everyone to see!
                      Thank you! But the real artists were my grandparents. 

Comment

I knew two GREAT Pa. artists. ned Smith, and jim Stutzman. From an artists perspective, it takes a HUGE amount of talent to paint a water or ocean scene, and make the water look fluid and in motion. If you have to many to hang, I'd be more than happy to hang some on my wall and keep them for you!
                        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

I love the artifact frame. A lot. Your painting are great, but not to be a whatever towards you but I cant express in typing words how good I believe your grandparents paintings were. WOW. Thanks

Comment

Awesome Frame Chase. The weathered Bone stuff is so cool. Would love to see more of it. Thanks for sharing it. On a long 10 mile Hike last week I stumbled on this Skull and Hawk Feather. Got back wiped and exhausted but thankful this old Dog can still hike. I Set them on my garage bench with my Bearcat and snapped this quick photo. Bone feather and steel! Thanks again!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                              2ndoldman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Very nice picture.
                          Working...
                          X