Parishable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parishable

I found this 40 years ago. A strand of leather fringe with a few strands of woven fiber. I do get a soft spot for those items that can be lost over time and weather. Stone we all know can be ever lasting. But few items that are not will last. circa 1870's
    Click image for larger version

Name:	708.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	216300
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

How in the heck did you find that thing chase? I'm assuming you were finding lots of other historic period artifacts that led you to associate this being an old west artifact. Pretty neat to find something that is so fragile!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
      How in the heck did you find that thing chase? I'm assuming you were finding lots of other historic period artifacts that led you to associate this being an old west artifact. Pretty neat to find something that is so fragile!
      KY this was found in a wikieup under a juniper bedding. It was protected from the elements. The site does not get much weather other than cold, and sits under Pinion trees. The rancher that took us to the site had stories of his Grandmother seeing the campfires on the hill side across the valley at night.
      Last edited by chase; 07-07-2016, 05:25 PM.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
      X