Dances with Wolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dances with Wolves

A movie I watched a few nights back but this to me is what makes it real, found in a camp in central Colorado and personal finds. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2197.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	233457
    Last edited by chase; 12-02-2016, 05:18 PM.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Chase, is that a bullet mold?
    Child of the tides

Comment

Awesome Chase. ...Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
        Chase, is that a bullet mold?
        Yes it was, but to rusted to use as such.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Reverse electrolysis or a 2 month soak in apple cider vinegar will remove all of that rust chase.
          Awesome finds by the way and Dances with wolves is a fantastic show.

• Havenhunter
          Havenhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't know if you've ever been to Colonial Williamsburg but they have an awesome gunsmith shop that makes the 18thc-style long rifles by hand using 18thc-style tools. Each rifle is one of a kind so each comes with its unique bullet mold . I suspect the mold you found is 19thc but same idea. Very cool find!

That fell out of Jim Bridgers Pouch no Doubt! Nice finds

Comment

Originally posted by Six nations son View Post
          That fell out of Jim Bridgers Pouch no Doubt! Nice finds
          Well maybe Kit Carson he was one that was all over Colorado. lol most likely a fur trader that was looking to make a trade.

Comment

My Dad had one of those Bullet molds for years. On the inner part of the handle on his where the two handles come together there was a small cutting edge to lop the little nipple off that was left by the mold. Great finds Chase
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Those forged spoons really appear early fur trade to me. Back in mid 70s. I did a month long Backpacking adventure to Colorado. Was deep in the Gore Range Eagles Nest wilderness. 12 miles in we Stumbled on remains of a Trappers Cabin. Had to have been from early fur trappers Era. Wasn't much left of it. We called it Bridgers Cabin. Maybe Sublett's. Hatchet Jacks? No couldn't been Hatchets! He lived in a Cave with that female Cougar! Ahh But a great place to do some serious Wanding for treasures for sure.
              Last edited by Six nations son; 12-13-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X