Beaver Tooth Sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver Tooth Sharpener

Here is a piece that I had had for a while before a knowledgeable person explained to me that it was a Beaver tooth sharpener. I am not sure why a beaver tooth needed sharpening unless it was in their knapping kit but here it is enjoy
    South East Ga. Twin City

Will - that's gotta be the most unusual artifact I've seen, here or anywhere. It would have been interesting to find out exactly how it was used, huh? Still - if it's an artifact, it's a neat one.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That is a rare find. Like Chuck it would be cool to see how it was used.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Cool find Johnny
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That certainly is unique. I would be curious to know how it was used.
          South Dakota

Comment

Looks like a gouge for woodworking... I could see it hafted into a thick handle and using a wood billet to drive it in a chisel like manner for woodworking... That's my Wag!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

A beaver tooth would be set into a socketed handle and used like a scraper or small chisel, I can see that stone being used to sharpen the working end.
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Jay, Just wanted to say welcome back Buddy. It's good to see you posting again.
            Working...
            X