Snake skin bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake skin bow

The first photo is a bow we put a snake skin backing on it, the bow is 60 inches and one skin covered it. It was a green skin, no preserving it. It was fleshed and applied to the bow with only hide glue. When everything dried I took the scales off the skin like scaling a fish when this was done I put a coat of urethane on bow and skin and that was only thing that was done. This snake was found in my yard between house and shop, may have let him go if he had not have been in yard. It was a Timber or canebreak rattler. Click image for larger version

Name:	1005170943.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	267133
    South East Ga. Twin City

Here is the snake Bruce commented on the size and here is another that a friend found in an area he did not want him in. we have some nice size rattlers crawling around down here. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5396.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	267142
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      That is freaking unreal Johnny.
      The largest we have here on the island are grass snakes that might measure 2 feet if you stretch them.

The snake Bruce commented on. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5362.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	267144
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice Bow you did a great job on that
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

The bow is sweet!
        And you folks can keep those rattlers.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

looks good
          could we see a full draw pic(the only way to truly tell how good a stick bow is)
          a few more specs on that bow too please. i.e .wood type,length,draw length and weight etc.

DANG!!!!thats a big snake,especially for a timber rattler

im still in need of two copper head skins for a bow i have in the works

Comment

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            How big? I’m not in the habit of killing copperheads, but I have a friend who is...if I can get you some I’ll send the your way...

Wow I really like that!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Heck yea that’s slick !!! Awesome job !!! Is it durable enough to shoot with out cracking the clear coat ???
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Well I showed my boys and they want it lol
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Ok, I can't get past the sizes of your creepy crawlies. 😱 I appreciate the workmanship but holy moley snakes alive!
                Child of the tides

Comment

I love the way it looks Johnny.
                  Have you had a chance to test your bow?
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• willjo
                    willjo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bruce that is the second bow I made and I hunted with it for several years until I got some Osage orange and made me a better hunting bow. After that I put the snake skin on it and don't shoot that one as much as the Osage bow.

Very nice work. I'm glad we don't have snakes like that crawling around. An interesting fact for those who don't know about the eastern part of SD, is that we have no poisonous snakes or spiders where we live. You have to travel west to The Missouri before they start showing up.
                  South Dakota

Comment

Johnny , very very impressive work . Something to be proud of . Do like the snake skin on it .
                    that looks more like a Boa . I didn’t even know they got that big . !!!!

Comment

Oh ya that is super sweet

Comment

Working...
                      X