Pottery Pipe with Yellow Paint Traces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottery Pipe with Yellow Paint Traces

This is one of three pipes from the collection. Two are whole the largest one broken and piece of the stem is gone. If you look along the stem you can see a yellow paint. The two whole pipes are footed.

A lot of unique items with this collection! This pipe was used for sure as is the next one I'll post. Hope no one is getting frustrated about me "hogging" the posts!!! If you look close you can see where the maker to the extra step to taper the end section of the stem. I thought that was a nice touch for a early piece.

PLEASE keep posting, I am learning alot from all this...I sent you a PM a few minutes ago about it

Comment

I agree keep posting,I am also enjoying seeing your new  collection. Learning a lot from other peoples comments. Have been to several artifact shows,didn't see much of these types of artifacts or maybe did not notice them. Will look for sure now.

Comment

Glad no ones getting frustrated so far with all of these posts. Especially if I go and purchase another collection from a completely different source. Just trying to learn as much as I can first. I basically bought a small library of books in the last month to help identify some pieces before posting. I'm running out of room! LOL

Comment

I believe this is another Mexican or further south pipe. It too is footed but with different feet. You don't see these much at artifact shows because not many people collect Mexican artifacts in the US, and there is not much scholarly info on them. Plus, Mexico and many Central American countries claim all of their artifacts for the gov't, and no export has been allowed of antiquities for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
          X