Grandpa’s bones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa’s bones

It’s kinda funny how things work out. My grandpa has been gone now for over 20 years, never knew he collected artifacts. I caught the arrowhead hunting bug about 4 years ago, and have a decent collection now. The other day my aunt I haven’t seen in years was visiting from out of town and was asking what I have been doing. Walking creeks and muddy fields for fun I said . She didn’t think that sounded like much fun. She said but that sounds like your grandpa. Must be genetic,lol. Grandpa lived in another state , never got to spend much time with him or even see him much. I didn’t even have anything that was his. My aunt said I have something you need. When she got home she sent me the bones. She said it was the only thing she had of his collection, and I was the one who needed them. Sorry for the long boring story, but the apple don’t fall far from the tree even If the tree is far away. All I know about the bones is they were found in Kentucky in his younger days , and have been collecting dust ever sense he passed away. My aunt didn’t care much about them or anyone else in the family. They have a good home now.

Wow that’s a cool story and some nice artifacts!

Von

Comment

Hey Josh, Thanks for the story. Where did your Grandfather live?
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
        Hey Josh, Thanks for the story. Where did your Grandfather live?
        he grew up in Kentucky moved to Missouri and for most of my life he lived in California

Comment

• Andy W.
          Andy W. commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure he meant where in Ky. There are some famous Ft. Ancient sites that are known for bone like that.

Cool story Josh, thanks for sharing those and your story.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's a very cool story, Josh, and your aunt was spot on about it being on your genes. My great granddad was a railroad man-- engineer & then conductor. I grew up with a love for trains and wanted to be an engineer too. Sadly In my generation those jobs were not open to women. So those cell memories likely transferred from your granddad to you. You're in good company.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Great story and awesome artifacts! The bottom left one is my favorite with the patterns. Thanks for showing wonderful family treasures.
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Josh that's amazing. You are very fortunate to have those incredible bone artifacts. Thanks for sharing your story. I am sure your grandfather is smiling now that you have his bones.

Could you please take some photos of the bottom left item? It appears to have some interesting engravings on it.

Comment

That's a heck of a gift. Super cool collection with a. Great story to go with it. Thanks for sharing!👍👍
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Not boring at all...funny how you didn't really know him but you somehow share the same passion for collecting artifacts...great story and a nice frame of artifacts there...
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Josh - that was an awesome story and equally awesome collection that found it's way to you, almost like your Grandfather was pointing the way.
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Comment

Thanks Josh. That is very cool to say the least.

Comment

WOW! I am a lover of bone tools! The ones on the right look like they could have come right out of a rock shelter when your GrandPa lived in either Ky. or Mo. The drilled ones, especially the engraved one, are very similar to Calif. bone awls and tools. The fish hook stands out, I like that more than the others. That's a super piece! It's nice to have family history on the artifacts, Good for you!!!
                          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

That’s a nice bone collection. I like the fish hook too
                            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                            X