What Girl Doesn't Like Gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Girl Doesn't Like Gifts?

For many girls, gifts of flowers or chocolate make them swoon with delight. But for those gals on this forum, receiving anything related to Native American culture sends some of us over the moon! Lol!!!

Yesterday a box arrived from Jason (Jethro355) with the most beautiful pieces of pottery shards found on his AR farm. How lucky he is to have 4000 acres to hunt and covered with the most amazing and promising sites. Pieces range from Mississippian to Woodland. The decorated shards are visually stunning, and I try to imagine the makers carefully carving the lines and swirls to identified and/or decorate their pots. Even the pot rims were beautifully formed and decorated.

Thank you, Jason, for the thoughtful gift. Pottery shards are rare here on the coast; having either deteriorated in the wet and salty environment, or covered by rising seas. So this gift is a treasure indeed.

-- Deb
    Child of the tides

Nice of You Jethro.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Wow. That is a very generous gift. They are beautiful pieces indeed and I am sure that they are greatly appreciated. Hey Jason, if you are in a giving mood and you have any Paleo or Clovis junk that's in the way PM me for my address!!! LOL...again very generous of you Jason...glad to have folks like you around.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That is a wonderful gift.

Comment

Christmas in March - Deb. Those are super shards and beautifully decorated. Great gift Jason.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Havenhunter
            Havenhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Brightened up a stormy, dreary day!

You are most welcome Deb. Here they are destined to be smashed by a plow, in your hands at least they will be appreciated and safe.😃
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Hey Deb, Thanks for posting the potsherds. Those are some of the best potsherds I have seen. Great rim sherds and beautiful designs.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Jethro355
              Jethro355 commented
              Editing a comment
              You better watch what you say, or I'll mail you some too...😇

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Jason don't tease me.... Just send them. lol
              I have some neat rim chards in one of my Michigan displays.

• Jethro355
              Jethro355 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll see what I can put together for you. I’ll pick up some of the Old Town Red, some of the incised/stamped/ and anything unusual or cool looking.👍 I’m planning another trip up next weekend. The river is dropping and should be able to drive in by then. I took my boat in two weeks ago, and it’s dropped ten feet since then. I need four more feet to make it safe to get in... so I have my fingers crossed.

That was a very thoughtful gift Jason. Thank you for sharing these Deb.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Great gift Jethro very generous f you to do that.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Jethro , that was so sweet of you . Love the rims and great designs Deb ... Enjoy !!!
                Yes I heard you had your fourth NE storm . Yikes

Comment

Nice gift Jethro, Deb your a lucky girl! Thanks for sharing!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Totally awesome What a great gift.
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Very nice. I love them awesome gift too

Comment

Working...
                      X