Part of a covered wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of a covered wagon

This is a part fasten to the side of a wagon. this was modified into a scraper.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2203.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	317069 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2204.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	317070 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2205.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	317071
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Very cool Chase! I think it’s a flesher when it has teeth like that. I bet that one worked great too!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Very cool to be able to find settler era artifacts, chase. I know you have even found dwellings like wigwam frames still standing.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Book I was reading said they would even strip the metal off the wheels to make arrows etc .
        any story you want to share with that find ?
        like on 2 wheels in a canyon with Dad .

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
          Book I was reading said they would even strip the metal off the wheels to make arrows etc .
          any story you want to share with that find ?
          like on 2 wheels in a canyon with Dad .
          This was found in a Ute Indian camp. This site sits Down in a valley.I have been to some thirty years ago . I was working in Denver at the time and had looked on google maps. for areas around the original site. and saw some promise close by. My girlfriend tagged along that day. From the highway its twelve mile. to the site. the first six are a dirt road the second six are on a two track. the first quarter mile is not bad where you whined down to to were it flattens out and go into a boulder field, still not to bad but you do have to weave around a bit and bounce a little. which her eye widen. Next is when you drop down. and cross a dry wash which you feel like your going to tip over but with proper navigation and do able, her eyes got bigger, hand went the hand hold in the in the Jeep. Once across is a deeply rutted two track road. which the tires ride on on the two sides to keep from bottom out. Hand never let the hand hold the was not even a word spoken by her and eyes still wide. the next is a hogback that is and just wide enough for the jeep and that drop off both sides and descends, going down this time the other hand grabbed a hold of the seat. still not a peep out of her and eyes fixed open. then you drop into a wash and drive about three hundred yard in the middle of the wash to pick up the road on the other side. This when I the your crazy look from her, and out of her mouth she said do you know where you are going. Which I replied "nope", the last part is up with twist and turns and ups and downs that you cant see the road as you crest a hill. We get to the site and she proclaims The is just great we get to do this again in reverse.
          Yes The Utes and other Na's got very adapt blacksmith and left very little unused.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Love that story .. thanks

Comment

Google Maps? are you sure 30 years ago? maybe a typo there Chase. I love the flesher man. Great save.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• chase
                chase commented
                Editing a comment
                The first time I was was 30 years ago but when I used Google maps was 2007 maybe 2010

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Chase I thought you might have been a time traveler and if that was a secret you just let the secret out of the bag.

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                I think he's a time traveler and is just trying to cover his tracks now.
            Working...
            X