More rock than I wanted to hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More rock than I wanted to hull

I made a track back in the hills I left this behind Mano and some broken Matates they were used to grind Pinon nuts bt the wieght would have been heavy. The were left in place for a reason. that was for return tips most all left with bowl down to keep frozen water from breaking them up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2340 (1).JPG
Views:	91
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	318945
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Looks like you walk some desolate areas Chase. Nice finds though. Do you intend to leave them there or are you gonna bring them out in the future?
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• chase
      chase commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah I know where they are at. I have too many as it is. It is one thing as a rescue mission. and Mano's I have more than I would ever need the shape is pretty much the same. A metate in-tacked condition I will take and carry out every time. and its cool just to find and leave. Chuck there are sites that are very remote one this year I met my dad on the hwy and it still took us an hour and a half to get there that is after a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there.

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Impressive area Chase. Our area is too populated to be that remote unless you go into the back country.

I, being a newbie, would have probably broken my neck trying to backpack those out. Just don't forget where you left them!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Chase, They are some nice finds.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice I would have them Showin with my stuff...but the long haul .heavy
        SW Connecticut

Comment

I like that mano ...put in pocket next time
          SW Connecticut

Comment