SDC11715.JPG Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11715.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	330519 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11715.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	330520 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_50230.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	330517 SDC11715.JPG I usually only keep a new design I might find from my hunts now days I use to keep it all but now I just leave it unless it strikes my interest. All N GA personal finds surface only on private property with owners permission.
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 11-05-2018, 05:09 PM.
    NW Georgia,

Nice frame there SH. Lots of nice tempering designs on them. You must walk over an absolute wealth of pottery to just leave it behind. Nice display man...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Those are some killer pottery pieces! That last one ya got in your hand is pretty big. It's a rare thing to find one that size. I like all of the swirly ones. I am trying to find a Kentucky camp that has some pottery. Found some in GA, but nowhere else.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        The piece in my hand there is a dot on it that is where a handle would of been attached if it was still there it would of been called a lug instead of what we call a handle.

Great pottery frames! Here in WNC our pottery styles show a lot of influence from Georgia cultures such as Lamar. Thanks for sharing!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        We have Lamar here the swirls are Swift Creek

KILLER. Some are also related to SE GA which has a connection from there to Tampa Bay..... !!! HEY TAM!!! LOOKY!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        I am and loving it

Can only imagine and you leave some behind!? Nice frame
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Cant take it all home I gave lots away in the past few years

A dandy frame and what a super idea. I wish that I'd thought of that back in my active hunting days.

Comment

Great display and awesome stuff! That face makes the perfect center piece
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks it was the find of a lifetime for me with the pottery. I had a hard time posting pics I got a couple tonight and will post them in a min and hope they come out.

Trying some new pics Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13408.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	330601
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I won the pottery certificate at the show for this one Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13412.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	330603
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Knobby little guy.

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            What is that? Looks like an appliqué frog effigy?

Very nice display Glenn thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice display pottery is fragile
            SW Connecticut

Comment

I really need to do this as well . Very nice SH . Georgia is quite the hot spot for pottery . I made one for Deb but not myself lol.
              I am like you I keep the ones that are unusual and large .Like Jethro asked what is that one piece you have in your hand you got a certificate for ? Very nice

Comment

What county are you in ? I find a lot of stuff in Webster . Stewart is all forestry so we find so cool stuff there to .

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
                  I really need to do this as well . Very nice SH . Georgia is quite the hot spot for pottery . I made one for Deb but not myself lol.
                  I am like you I keep the ones that are unusual and large .Like Jethro asked what is that one piece you have in your hand you got a certificate for ? Very nice
                  I was told at the artifact show it was an adornment for a pot for decoration. If you have any other theories on it Id be willing to listen. Just going bu what I was told at the show. They said it was a face with ears and the reason the ears are so large is it portrays ear spools being in them. It does look like a face its hollow on the other side so its light in weight and is pottery.
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                  X