Trade Bead Gift 1 - 23 - 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Bead Gift 1 - 23 - 19

My youngest sons lady gave me a gift of beads and artifacts today . No information on where they were found the trade beads are the real deal . But I know nothing about the incised Bone / Ivory beads there all different I haven't been able to look at how they were drilled yet . The buttons are bright on the back side like gold plate and again no info . All four riker mounts have been in her family a long time .
    Last edited by south fork; 01-23-2019, 10:04 PM.

Holy Cow those are great! Really like those stripedy ones (Red, White, Blue Venetian...). White or red center on those??
    Last edited by tomclark; 01-24-2019, 08:28 AM.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Awesome beads. Love that point and the Indian service pins

Comment

Be interesting to see what you find out about the beads. They sure are nice
        South Dakota

Comment

Nice sf what an awesome gift man
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Wow that is really nice of her. Let us know what you learn.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
              Wow that is really nice of her. Let us know what you learn.
              I'm leaning towards African because today she gave me a couple of African spears . Out of the same collection their made of steel with wood shafts with a steel spike on the bottom .

Comment

The two Riker's on the left are sand cast beads. Glass type I believe, they are plentiful but have a value in this area of about 50 to 100 per strain. The red, I am guessing have a white center, those are known as white heart beads, their named after some guy, can't recall his name. They would be more valuable depending on size. Probably not a great help, but hope it helps a little, I am just now starting to study and collect trade beads, so no expert, but I think that will get you on the right path anyway.

Comment

• south fork
                  south fork commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks I have a large collection of trade beads off my property I just don't know the history of these .

The red ones appear to be white heart glass trade beads. The striped ones I believe are probably African sand cast beads. Who knows where the red ones could have been traded to, but they were common in American trade.

Comment

Working...
                X