2000 year old Anasazi coruggated pitcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 year old Anasazi coruggated pitcher

I have been looking for a fine Anasazi vessel for years and knew my only chance was purchase. I recently purchased a1700 - 2000 yr old pitcher. It is a well documented piece from a famous NM collection ... Native American Anasazi Mesa Verde Pueblo Corrugated Pitcher
    Date: 700 AD - 900 AD
    Mesa Verde, Bug Point Site, Deloris River Southwestern Colorado. Here is a large and very early Pueblo corrugated pitcher. Dozens of great corrugated strips from this very unusual and early piece. Heavy indented corrugation with lots of deposits. Ex- William Schenck Collection, New Mexico. Thanks , Joe Louvier
    Last edited by Louvier; 05-31-2019, 07:40 PM.

Congrats, it's a sweet pot.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thats awesome. Nice aquisition
      SW Connecticut

Comment

That’s a beauty. I love pottery, and the Anasazi variety is second to none. I cringe at the thought of what that cost you, but congrats on the acquisition.👍👍
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Very nice I’ve seen some Mississippian pots for sale at shows and knew I couldn’t afford them can’t imagine what that one cost. So do you have it displayed with your finds or in a glass cabinet by itself? I’d have it under locked glass where I could look at it every day
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice Artifact. I know little about early NA pottery. From your photo It appears to have a Bluish glaze? We’re those fired in an oven pit?

Comment

• Jethro355
              Jethro355 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m not speaking for him, but the Anasazi blue is the most striking color ever added to a ceramic, in any form.

This is a fact, and not just my opinion.😇

I have a close friend who has a fairly large Quapaw/Mississippian/Caddo collection. He also has several Anasazi pieces he dug himself in the 70’s, and a few Mayan pots he dug on an island off the coast of Mexico as well. The Anasazi are what he calls “common” pieces, bowls with the stylized parakeets and stuff on them, and one water bottle(though not as unique as the one posted above) and they just draw the eye to them like nothing else. The quality and craftsmanship is astounding, and they predate any of his other pieces by hundreds of years.

I commend you, Mr. Louvier on your fine purchase. It should make an excellent centerpiece to any display...👍👍

Really, really beautiful.

I can see why you would want to own it.
            California

Comment

What a great purchase . It will be something you look at everyday that will bring a big smile on your face . That’s priceless . It’s beautiful enjoy

Comment

Working...
              X