Click image for larger version

Name:	CDAB2BDE-7E89-455C-BFF6-2FC15D50E147.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	387135 Click image for larger version

Name:	291FC444-75EF-406A-981D-239A5461B69F.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	387134 I went today for a short period just long enough to find some pottery and worked material. I was at Gater Creek and wasn’t feeling relaxed due to I kept looking over my shoulder. Didn’t see anything out of the normal but did look both directions before crossing the creek. North Georgia finds the one that has 2 divots in it I believe is called Punched it is a older type of pottery style
    NW Georgia,

Those are some nice big pieces! They get that big when they haven't been hit with a plow a few dozen times.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

That’s true probably washout of the bank but I’ve yet to find anything washing out of a bank
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice big chunks SurfaceHunter my best come from creeks also! Yea look up at the bank occasionally?
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I do but it’s all clay they don’t turn the soil there just grow hay. Wish they would plant I’d have a good time

Click image for larger version

Name:	59414E2D-7FE5-4FD8-8FCE-2BBE7B0E25E6.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	387199 Here is a piece of material I found today real pretty stuff
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Artifascination
          Artifascination commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks just like the novaculite chunks that we find around here! Beautiful material maybe you will run across a point made from that piece!

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it’s Ridge and Valley chert but don’t know for sure

Hey Glen ....nice pottery man . ...cool red Rock
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew you would like it. It’s worked material I’d like to find what they were making from it

On the punched piece from what I’ve read they used a stick or twigs to make the design. I have to look it up still to get a date on it. I have found points from Early Archaic in that creek
        NW Georgia,

Comment

One of these days I hope you find a complete pot laying there.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be nice even half of one would be cool. If the water keeps dropping I might find something good. It’s very wooded out there can’t see much past the creek I’d like to go back but will probably wait till the winter after the leaves drop so I can see better. I’ve spotted a bear once last year couldn’t see 10 feet past the creek yesterday

Good hunt !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Well if there is pottery in the creek I am going to bet you have a woodland camp around you .
            Nice big pieces . The creek will give just wait 😊

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Ohh there is things there to be found just right now the trees are full of leaves and I like to be able to see what is around me when I’m by myself. The banks are tall and then there is always the gator some where out there

Hey Surface.. if you get you some gator bite boots...you might not have to worry as much....you might be able to find a cheap pair on amazon
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I went to another creek today smaller one already cleaned it out didn’t even find a flake. Some guy was walking out there bare foot I saw his prints in the mud. Big feet to I sure wouldn’t be walking out there with no shoes

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind 😁
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
            X