• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Gravel Bar

Click image for larger version

Name:	13926987-94A9-4934-8664-441C5DFB001A.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	394286 I thought man I’m going to have a good day. Every place else nothing but rocks. Wasn’t much to see but I’ve never been to this section before so I decided to look. It’s a deep creek with not many places to look. At least I know now. You have to look for new places all the time and sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you don’t. HH everyone. N GA
    NW Georgia,

Wait ! Don’t give up yet on that gravel bar. May take natural occurrences but you will be rewarded.
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks I had a nice pic of the creek but it was to large and wouldn’t load. Leaves are dropping to. Starting to get a little rain finally
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s very pretty, what you did find. Looks a little worked to me (?). And good you have a little rain; we’re too, too dry here.

At least you found a little core or something.

I didn't even find a flake today.

Is that flint?

Looks a lot like obsidian.
      California

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Piece of pottery and yes little worked something. I’ve never tried it but do you think these little stones could of been used to make fire with?

Cool ya went out and tried...nice piece of flint glen
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks it was a nice paddle if nothing else. Might of gotten a lead on 30 acre property but it has cattle corn planted on it. That stuff makes a big mess when it gets harvested

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it does...im waiting for it to be cut here too

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Looked the names up and got addresses and numbers. I think they hunt out there but I might ask anyway. If nothing else maybe after hunting season. I have many references that he should know. Maybe I will have a chance

You need a good frog gargling downpour or two to wash out some creek banks & gravel bars. Autumn rains will show up sooner or later. Right now it still feels like summer here & Im getting sick of it.
      Child of the tides

Comment

All you need is a good frog gargling downpour or two wash out the banks & replenish the gravel bars.
        Child of the tides

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Last year it dropped so much mud and sand the creeks just aren’t the same now. Most gravel bars are buried or washed away
      Working...
      X