Colonial Trade Pipe and Pot Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonial Trade Pipe and Pot Pieces

Found this morning at two different locations. I have found a few stems and elbows but never the whole bowl. I was stoked. Lots of sherds today. Beautiful weather. The piece with drilled holes, I don't know. It looks like marble and sides are very flat.( I have another larger piece that I thought perhaps was part of old headstone. Any thoughts?

That bowl is way neat. Not sure if you already do, but have you ever considered trying a machine in that area?

Comment

I just looked at a thousand clay pipes online to try and match that bowl...really cool man! I hope someone can ID it!
    Last edited by utilized flake; 02-06-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Real nice. Bowl...I llike the sherds u find....lotta cool designs.... That's a successful hunt man...nice artifacts

Comment

Nice artifacts. I like the pipe.
        My name is Gary. I live in NE South Dakota

Comment

Unique pipe. I can't imagine finding that many sherds.
          Searching the fields of Northwest Indiana and Southwestern Michigan

Comment

Cool designs on the shards, I’ve never seen an old clay pipe with a hand stem. Very cool!

Comment

The sherd in question I believe is a piece of crockery which probably dates with the pipe bowl which is a really nice find. I've never found one.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Rex from the UK responded:
                  Many thanks for your email and image. Yes, you have the bowl of a "Hand and Tankard" pipe, similar to the ones I produce. This pipe design was popular in the UK in the 19th and early Centuries, and made by several pipemakers. The one you have did not come from the mould I possess. It was probably exported from the UK although possibly made in the US by a "colonial" settler.
                  Regards,
                  Rex

Comment

• utilized flake
                    utilized flake commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad I could help with the ID for you man!
                Working...
                X