Colonial Trade Pipe and Pot Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonial Trade Pipe and Pot Pieces

Found this morning at two different locations. I have found a few stems and elbows but never the whole bowl. I was stoked. Lots of sherds today. Beautiful weather. The piece with drilled holes, I don't know. It looks like marble and sides are very flat.( I have another larger piece that I thought perhaps was part of old headstone. Any thoughts?
    North Carolina

That bowl is way neat. Not sure if you already do, but have you ever considered trying a machine in that area?
    keep on keepin after

Comment

Real nice. Bowl...I llike the sherds u find....lotta cool designs.... That's a successful hunt man...nice artifacts
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice artifacts. I like the pipe.
      South Dakota

Comment

Unique pipe. I can't imagine finding that many sherds.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Cool designs on the shards, I’ve never seen an old clay pipe with a hand stem. Very cool!

Comment

The sherd in question I believe is a piece of crockery which probably dates with the pipe bowl which is a really nice find. I've never found one.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Very cool.
              California

Comment

Rex from the UK responded:
                Many thanks for your email and image. Yes, you have the bowl of a "Hand and Tankard" pipe, similar to the ones I produce. This pipe design was popular in the UK in the 19th and early Centuries, and made by several pipemakers. The one you have did not come from the mould I possess. It was probably exported from the UK although possibly made in the US by a "colonial" settler.
                Regards,
                Rex
                North Carolina

Comment

The pottery is predominately South Carolina cord marked made during the deptford period.......those ole boys were probably sittin round the campfire with the colonials bragin bout who caught the biggest fish. ...
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
                  X