knife handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knife handles

While I’m thinking about them , might as well throw these into the mix, just going to say they came from north Florida rivers in the 60-70s, I traded points for them, those old boys couldn’t find nice coral ones in the river and they thought they were getting rid of the trash,, and maybe they were, anyway here goes....no.1,an antler one, this one is heavy like a fossil , ...sorry I got gotta say something about that for folks that think it takes millions of years for fossilization, it don’t!, ...i was upstairs in the hillsbourough co.fla. court house around 71, they had a display there and in it was a palm stump ( about 15” circumference ) and it looked like yellowish translucent glass , but opaque because of the diameter,..the caption read...one hundred fifty year old !!!! palm stump from the old hillsbourough river hotel ( early fla. pioneers used sections of palm trees for pilings ) and if it was the right circumstances,well, that’s what happens, ....sorry I got off track, I can’t control that gene in me,, I’ll do the other three in another post. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	431649 Click image for larger version

Views:	187
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	431650 Click image for larger version

Views:	283
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	431651
    Floridaboy.

Awesome, Hal.. I gotta look for my antler pieces from the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee. On a side note, I've asked for help about your locked PM "quota"
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to empty inbox, Sent items and trash in order to reset your Private messages. The system is set at 50. I struggle with this one as well. My solution is if I want to save something I copy and paste to notes in my device.

Museum quality there Hal !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

that’s something to go on, thanks.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        just worked it out starting to get more comfortable with this computer stuff,,thanks,

Thats cool
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
      X