Shell Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Artifacts

All from one site private property El Dorado County . My friend Artifact Jack picked a good spot to screen but was spooked when two crows landed in front of him and a cold chill overcame him . He covered the hole and left for the day . He went back and started to uncover again and two coyotes showed up he was freaking a bit but kept screening . He recovered 80 or so shell artifacts this is his story as told to me one day as we were screening . I had known Jack for many years but was never shown these shell artifacts until one day after he had been ill for a long time and brought out a cigar box full . Jack handed them to me and said keep them their yours to do with as you wish . He recovered from his illness and we hunted for many year's when ever we had the time . One day he asked me to go with him he had permission from a rancher running cows on the same camp where he found the shell . As we were walking around eyes on we started talking about the shell artifacts again and from what I was told I'm positive these were on a basket hat I will leave it at that . This was in the middle of a road cut the property was being developed for a future water project and to this day is still undeveloped never finished . I have stabilized 60 or so pieces so far and drive by on occasion but posted private . Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010442.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	435978 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010441.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	435979 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010440.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	435980 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010438.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	435981 Click image for larger version

Views:	275
ID:	435986 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010437.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	435982 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010430.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	435983 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010429.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	435984 Click image for larger version

Views:	236
ID:	435987 Click image for larger version

Name:	P4010424.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	435985 Click image for larger version

Views:	256
ID:	435988 Click image for larger version

Views:	268
ID:	435989

Love the campfire story that goes with this extraordinary collection. Must have been a helluva hat bedecked with shell and (probably feathers too?). I've never seen so many together in such good condition out side of a museum. Really special.
    California

Comment

Very cool good story
      SW Connecticut

Comment

You know what's coming besides "HOLY COW"!!!?!?!!! .......
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

With Tom just Holly .
          i wonder if that polished those down to the mother of Pearl.

Comment

Dennis,

I remember when you first posted them many years back, I loved them then, and I love them now. Amazing group of items.

Joshua
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Great story that goes along with this amazing find. Good vibes, bad vibes, have had them both at times walking a site.
              Was Jack always a bit freaked out by them and that's why he gave them to you?
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• south fork
                south fork commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes he was always a little haunted by them . But a few years ago I gave him some back for a case he put together

I am suffering from “cognitive dissonance”. I am simultaneously in love with these incredible artifacts, and green with envy!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m tired of yard work; think I’ll go play with my Shells!
            Working...
            X