Pendant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattern View Post
    Hi all. I found this one in Lancaster County Pa., beside the Pequea Creek on the edge of a very productive site, near Willow Street. There isn't any pattern on the incised lines. Probably used to sharpen bone needles and Gravers. The material is Diabase. I can't tell if it has plow or use damage. Found in the early 1980s. Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I did finding it. Kim

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2825[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.2 KB ID:	527508Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2827[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	177.6 KB ID:	527509Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2823.JPG Views:	0 Size:	178.5 KB ID:	527507
    Even though I enjoy seeing a great example of something, I don't think it'll ever top finding 🙂. That's a phenomenal find Kim, I wish I could find them in my areas
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I'm asking about the shape due to it looks curved like a banana shape the one end that shows some damage might of been longer and had a hole also. If thats the case it might be a tie on weight but just looking at the one side its just a guess
      NW Georgia,

Comment

A beautiful piece. Love the use wear. Maybe if I keep lookin' down and my boots muddy... maybe.
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Great find. Love the worked stone. Don't have much of it around me so I always enjoy seeing one in detail. It's funny how just a few scribbled lines gets the imagination going. It's a personal link from across time.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Super artifact, Kim. I love the shape, material and use-wear. Everything about it, really. Thanks for sharing.
            California

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
              I was wondering where you posted this finally found it. I've found many pieces broken right at the hole in half but never any whole yet. Always look when I see slate or anything they might of drilled nothing but a piece of drilled soapstone bowl to date for me. Its a great find really enjoyed seeing it. I like how its only drilled on the one end very unique
              Thanks Glen, I've found a few, but mostly broken ones, I'll be posting more. There are still some out there, You just keep on a lookin. I hope you find a good one. Kim
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
                I'm asking about the shape due to it looks curved like a banana shape the one end that shows some damage might of been longer and had a hole also. If thats the case it might be a tie on weight but just looking at the one side its just a guess
                Here is the other sideGlen . Not broken just chipped up. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2832[1].JPG
Views:	59
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	528922Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2831[1].JPG
Views:	46
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	528923

Comment

Originally posted by antmike915 View Post

Even though I enjoy seeing a great example of something, I don't think it'll ever top finding 🙂. That's a phenomenal find Kim, I wish I could find them in my areas
                  Thanks Mike. I've hunted just about everywhere I've been. I found more drilled items in Lancaster and York Counties Pa. than any where. Kim

Comment

Iam seeing the same side Matt. A pic of the other?

Comment

Originally posted by SGT.Digger View Post
                      Iam seeing the same side Matt. A pic of the other?
                      Dang your right. Oopsy try again, Thanks Sarg. for pointing that out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2824[1].JPG
Views:	119
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	528944

Comment

Interesting scratches on that side. Wish I could read ancient hand writing
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                        X