Mother load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother load

Found the first 3 pieces together. About 50ft away I came across what appears to be the bottom of a pot and 2 smaller pieces of same material. More to come once I get it cleaned up.

That bottom piece has the most unusual pattern I have ever seen on this site !
    Very nice .

Comment

other pieces Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20230119_220846_1805.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	672357Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20230119_221037_2289.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	672358

Comment

All of these were found mixed together, But looks like 2 different items. After cleaning them up that's what I'm seeing now. Got a few of the pieces to match up, But nothing like Hal's pottery lol. Going back tomorrow with a garden spade and my sifter. Hopefully find more parts to 1 or both of them. Id really love to get enough to put something together to display at least half or more of it. First pic seems to be the nicer of the to items. Waiting to hear what Hal has to say about them. The pottery master.

Comment

Ooooo, Hal loves it Dave..maybe two different pots..Really cool St.Johns check stamped on that one piece..Rule 7, leave nothing behind..? Hope you find every cotton pickin piece , ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• paohrocks
            paohrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Rule 7...OUTSTANDING ADVICE!

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Now thatโ€™s funny Chris, really funny๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Cool! Keep us posted Dave. ๐Ÿ˜Š
          South Carolina

Comment

Hope you find the rest of it!
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Went back today and hands and knees found about 10 more pieces of the pottery that matches the stuff in bottom of pic. Better quality and fresh brakes. But looking at rain this weekend so as soon as it stops I'll be right back there.

Comment

Been raining here most of the day. Will be there tomorrow.

Comment

Separated the two pots. Started on one and all the pieces went together. Now for the other one

Comment

Working...
                  X