Pottery Collection is Growing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottery Collection is Growing.

Through the amazing generosity of those here and elsewhere our collection is growing quickly. We now have seventeen states with a few more promised. This has became so much more than just a bunch of broken pottery. We needed display cases,so we decided to make our own. We have spent the last week building boxes. We have thirteen done, four more to go. I figure we have about five bucks in each one. I already had most of the glass. Old windows and picture frames. We were going to paint all frames black but for now we are leaving them natural oak.
    So here is what we have so far, IL,MO,ND,NE,KS,PA,NY,NJ,SC,GA,MS,LA,OH,KY,IN,FL,NE W MEXICO and MEXICO.
    Thanks for looking. sixeight

Oh Ya, if anybody else out there has any pottery sherds they would part with please let me know. We are always looking for more states. Thanks again, sixeight

Comment

• Carolina Hunter
      Carolina Hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing from NC. I can fix that! Address?

• Carolina Hunter
      Carolina Hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll send you some. Let me know where?

Really like what your doing, what state is the second pic down.

Comment

That's the Georgia case.

Comment

Very impressive. I don't know if I have ever heard of anybody else doing this.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Great job...looking good you have got a nice looking collection there
          I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Looks great sixeight!!!

Comment

Three more cases done. IL, our personal finds. Then MO and OH.

Comment

Hey I recognize some of those.   Very cool and interesting to see the different types.
                Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

That is very cool!! Like RAy said, I don't know of anyone collecting pottery from different States...points yes, but not pottery. Very nice to see the differences! Nice job on the frames as well sixeight! well done!
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

Got anything from Indiana?

Comment

JR wrote:

We have a few from IN, but we would always like some more. Just let me know. Thanks, sixeight

Comment

[QUOTE]sixeight wrote:

Originally posted by JR post=85930
                          We have a few from IN, but we would always like some more. Just let me know. Thanks, sixeight
                          The other day I found a small shard from Colorado PM me if your interested.
                        Very sweet collection!
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

We just recv'd a package from Colorado. I am still at a loss for words. Fellow arrowhead hunters are the most generous people anywhere. To think someone we never even met would give us their personal finds for our collection. These will stay in our collection for many generations, hopefully.
                          So here are a few pics of what was in the box, I am still in shock. We got sherds, coils, handles, mending hole pieces, dippers, 2 bone awls and more. All of these pieces are from one site and came with alot of info on them. Just Amazing!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X