No announcement yet.

Pottery Collection is Growing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What area of Illinois are those pieces from? I search in Illinois and pottery is on my bucket list of things I have yet to find. No specifics, just a geographic location.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Ok I live in Arkansas , and I got some pottery if it would help your collection ..... I have to get to my collection first , it's in storage .... So PM me some address info and I will send them ......
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
        What area of Illinois are those pieces from? I search in Illinois and pottery is on my bucket list of things I have yet to find. No specifics, just a geographic location.
        We are in central IL. Montgomery Co, All our IL pieces except one are from here. The other one is from Pulaski Co.

Comment

Originally posted by G10+ View Post
          Ok I live in Arkansas , and I got some pottery if it would help your collection ..... I have to get to my collection first , it's in storage .... So PM me some address info and I will send them ......
          Well we only have two pieces from AR. And I don't now what county they are from. We would love to have a few more from there. Any you could share would be great. I will send you a pm. Thanks so much, sixeight

Comment

We received some more sherds from VA. Thanks so much to our fellow hunter for sending his personal finds to add to our collection. Some amazing pieces. Thanks again so much to everyone who has sent sherds. We love them all. sixeight

Comment

Hey sixeight I have these shards from Montgomery texas.I dont have any need for them and I was wanting to give them to good cause.I like what you are doing its very kool.so if your interested pm me.

Comment

We are still searching for some pieces from eight states. We need Alaska, Hawaii, Delaware, New Hampshire, Vermont, Michigan, Wyoming, and Washington. Thanks so very much everyone!!

Comment

Hi Sixeight, I'm impressed! Great collection. It's really nice to see that you have taken the time to frame these finds. Kim
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

We found one more piece for the Illinois frame.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful piece
                      Attached Files

Comment

• There’s one state where you won’t find any pottery and that’s Hawaii. They did not make it there . Possibly the earliest arrivals did but the skill wasn’t needed and possibly abandoned due to resources. There’s plenty of soil and red volcanic dirt am not sure how those would fire . From what I’ve read there isn’t any “clay” to work with.

Comment

• Impressive collection!
                          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• I just read your post Sixeight. You hit a home run. What do you have from Alabama? Kim
                            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Here's Alabama.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X