Laugh'n at Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laugh'n at Rocks

I had an encounter this AM while out looking for Land Fish (Morel Mushrooms). I found this strange thing. Hey - Maybe it's an ancient Boom-a-rang!! Naw - Oh Oh - How about a pre-historic HeadBanger (boy would it leave a knot)!! Naw - Hum, Oh - I know - IT'S JUST A ROCK :woohoo: But it's a good looking rock - in Momma's flower garden. ---Chuck

Hava Good Day and remember to keep smilin' B)
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Chuck, thats a good'n, now why would a grown man carry that rock all that way? I know, cause it would look real nice in his wifes rock garden ! You could throw it away, but the way it's shaped, it would probly come right back. I think atsa artifact !
    Butch
    By the way I got a real nice rock I'll trade ya fer that pocket knife !

Comment

Butch - I never thought about that.  I guess I thought maybe I could scare a snake or somethin with it.  But I did carry it quite a ways - heh heh heh.  It'd have to be a mighty good lookin rock to git that er knife.  Best one I ever owned.  ---Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I got some pictures of that rock posted on here from a couple of days ago. It's a artifact, heck it's even documented now. You just gonna probly hurt yourself with that knife, if it's sharp. It is sharp ain't it.

Comment

Butch - ya betcha it's sharp - wha kinda man totes around a dull knife.  It's one o' em Gerber's whif spring open blade like a switch blade only not.  Unnerstan that.  Glad it has a lock shut - I'd hate to have that thang open in my pocket.   :woohoo: ---Chuck

Comment

Well, whata bout that.You don't say! In the knife tradin game you done whatcha call upped the ante! I'll give ya my Genuine Artifact rock, and say, $1.50.

Comment

Heck, I hate to see a man go without a good knife, I'll throw in this old Barlow I got in my pocket. It's still got the plastic handle on one side. It's a antique!

Comment

That thing looks like a club of some type...reminds me of a slave club or somethin like that....Im not laughin...jn

Comment

Jon - When I first saw that thing on the ground I was a little surprised at its shape but the more I looked at it the more I thought it was just natural.  I don't know what it's called but that kind of rock it is very easily shaped by natural events.  I find a lot of it below the house, especially in the overhang I'm digging in.  It tends to fall off from the overhead in rather large pieces.  It doesn't have any marks of any kind on it so if it was a "Headbanger" it would have been probably an naturally shapped weapon. ---Chuck

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Well, whata bout that.You don't say! In the knife tradin game you done whatcha call upped the ante! I'll give ya my Genuine Artifact rock, and say, $1.50.
                    Ok Butch - That rock and $1.50 won't get it.  But I gots this un that I got off'n the USS Scorpion (SSN 589) back in '68.  This submarine sank off the Azores while returning from patrol in 1968.  I was scheduled for that patrol but got reassigned just before she pulled out of port.  My - now - wife, then fiance, thought I had deployed on her and went through ..ll for 90 days til I got back.  Anyway - this is a real antique type knife called a TL-29 (Navy for Electricians knife) from the Scorpion.

And it's got the plastic on both sides - :woohoo: ---Chuck

Comment

Back to the echelons...I got a few today...couple bout the size of a beer bottle!  Will post pics soon!...Daniel

Comment

I typed schrooms...and echelons came up go figure...!

Comment

Chuck, "now that's a knife" even a old horsetrader knows when he's licked. I bet ya couldn't get that one for "All the tea in Chiney" Great story.

Comment

Butch - yea the knife means a lot to me but the kids would probably just toss it.  No appreciation for history or artifacts for that matter.  Daniel - what be echelons - if'n your talking bout mushrooms - I hunt Morels.  Ya only find them in early spring, usually right after a rain near rotten stumps or downed timber.  Cut em in half and wash em, then fry them in butter um um  :woohoo:  ---Chuck

Comment

Spell check put echelon down for me!  I was referring to morels also....found a few Hugh white ones!  They were in an old apple orchard.  I have pictures but having a hard time loading....Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X