interesting geofact, or artifact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting geofact, or artifact?

the three little rocks don't budge... i am wondering if this was made naturally or not. it was found by my parents somewhere in WV.

Sacrosanct....very unusual piece. Looks man-made to me, but I'm not a expert... so better let someone with more knowledge and expertise in things such as this, make the call.
    I've found many, many interesting tool artifacts, but have to say I've never seen anything like your piece. When I find a piece that I am unsure of...I ask myself these questions and although not always... many times it helps me decide if I have found a artifact to add to my collection or a very unique rock for my flower beds.
      Do any of the edges appear to be sharpened or ground? Do any of the sides or other areas show more wear than the other? Does it fit comfortably in your hand...as if it purposely ground to fit?
      Try putting yourself in the daily life of the american indians and think about what you might of used it for. Instead of a tool could it possibly of been a toy... made to amuse a small child when the mother was busy with daily chores. Maybe when it was first made the 3 little beads moved freely much like the beads inside a rattle....whatever it is, man-made or natural...it's a keeper!   

Comment

here is another picture of it

Comment

Geofact...a rock
        Mother nature made here share of um'

Comment

I would contact an expert but I can tell you its most likely to be very unusual phenomenom of nature. I would keep it.

Comment

I think it is natural, not man-made, but cool nonetheless. -Andrew

Comment

Working...
            X