Name:	image_6546.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	189998 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6547.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	189999
    Last edited by Hoss; 01-05-2016, 08:53 PM.

Does it flake off the stone ? If not it could be.
    east Tx.

Comment

No its solid can't flake it like pyrite does

Comment

Hit it with a hammer lol.

Comment

Try streaking it on the back (unglazed) side of a ceramic tile. If you don't have any left over from bathroom or kitchen work and can't scrounge one, the inside of your toilet tank lid will do unless it's plastic.

Pyrite will leave a dark streak (grey to almost black with a greenish tinge). Gold leaves a metallic gold streak.

Hope it's the real deal!
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Rock queen
            Rock queen commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks painshill it does leave a gold streak I'm jumping with joy! !!!

Looks like the corner or half a bar!
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I don't know RQ, between your awesome finds of artifacts and now this? I may just have to put your area down as a possibility for my relocation for retirement! .....neighbor!

Let us know if that turns out to be the real deal, very cool if it does!
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

X2 with Chris .... is there any land for sale in your back yard !?
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the streak test. It’s definitely not pyrite, so that looks like quite a find!. As well as pure gold, the native metal frequently occurs as a natural alloy with silver and is generally referred to as “electrum” when the silver content is beyond 20%. Only an assay would tell you how much gold is present.

There are two other possibilities for material with that appearance to produce a gold streak.

Natural mixtures of silver and copper (known as “half-breeds”)… but I see no green oxides or other tarnishing which would suggest any significant copper content.

The other possibility, which contains no gold, has only one known locality in North America. Are you prepared to tell us where it was found… at least approximately? Better still… exactly where it was found so that me and the boys can come and jump ya’ claim... erm... I mean conduct a proper geological survey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold-Mining.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	190188
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Rock queen
                  Rock queen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Found it around the cook city area thank you painshill for the info

• painshill
                  painshill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you mean Cooke City (Montana) then that's way too far west for the other non-gold possibility, which occurs only in Michigan.

Amazing just... AMAZING i have just finished reading about `The Money Pit` after that post on here the other day, and i must admit its a great mystery but here you are RQ with the `rich stuff`` in your hands!
                well done you. and it makes me laff all the hardcore i have shown on here LOL. good luck with your search and i really hope it all goes well for you YAY F.....G YAY
                If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

Working...
                X