Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these rocks? -- They are really odd....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these rocks? -- They are really odd....

These pieces all came from the same field...they look rough like rocks, but on one side they are smooth...but they are busted...and it looks like broken pottery...but it is so rough I don't see how it could be pottery....weird... any ideas? I keep finding these and keeping them...

Are you sure it's not vegetation (was it a plowed field?)....or..bones?

Comment

plowed. Pretty sure its not vegetation and nothing sticks out as being bone like...but I don't know what ancient bone/plants looks like...assuming it is so old it has fossilized...but what are the odds of that....I can't break any of it...its pretty hard...I thought it may have been pieces of farm implements...but it has specs in it like sandstone...but doesn't seem to be sandstone..  sorry for being so confusing.

Comment

I run into the same problem here..the pottery looks just like some of the rock layers here..Theres a difference between rock and pottery.I find density is a good way without breaking or scraping.Pottery feels real light....Hang in there..kinda like an arrowhead..you will know when you find something...

Comment

Wouldn't know, haven't found one yet.

Comment

Some of the peices look like pottery and some just look like busted rock.

Comment

Adriel,
                 Those look like layers of sandstone with a lot of iron in it. Keep on looking!

Comment

Cliff, That would explain the rust (which I thought was dirt) when cleaning these big pieces off! Which is probably also why I had a hard time understanding rock or metal. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                X