Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bunch of polished rocks

South East Ga. Twin City

Those are beautiful are they ones you've collected and tumbled from around where you live?

Comment

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      The first three photos are of coastal plain chert, some I pick up locally looking for points. The last three photos are from a friend in California that was left over from making points. I did something different this post and the caption shows up if you click on the photos.

I love shiny Rocks!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Willjo - what do you do with all them now that they're nice and polished up??
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        I sell them at Knap-ins to pay for polishing grit and wire wrap some of them.

Well now you've given me food for thought. I bought a rock tumbler years ago with the intent to "frost" glass for sea glass art projects. Then I found so much of the real stuff I didn't need to tumble. Never thought about rock polishing.
      Child of the tides

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        We pick a lot of them looking for arrowheads and our Coastal plains chert has some of the nicest colors almost gemstone quality. It is neat to see the transformation of the rocks, just old road rocks look better polished.

• rock ON.
        rock ON. commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife and I used to do a lot of rock hounding for semi precious gemstones years ago when we got weekends off in the summer [we work 7 days a week may-nov now, self employed] and we had lots of fun making jewelry out of rocks we tumbled. You should give it a try. I think I'm going to dig out my tumbler again after seeing this post.

bump
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Don't remember seeing this thanks for br.inging it back up
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
        X