I thought this worthy of sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this worthy of sharing

I found this rock out hunting artifacts,at first I thought they were just stuck together by mud and dirt. I tried to separate them hard enough that it hurt my fingers. They were stuck in clay exposed from a wash out. Thoughts went through my head about how one got chopped into the other, but I guess one just formed around the other. It was just interesting enough to drag home. Thanks for looking, Dave
    Attached Files

Mother nature is a wonderul artist. The larger piece looks like limestone is there small fossils in the larger portion? Could be little chrinoid right there? Click image for larger version  Name:	wy1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	251.0 KB ID:	292923
    Last edited by Hoss; 03-25-2018, 05:59 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

By George I think you got it!
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

That is really cool man. Good catch Hoss on that little bump. I'm guessing that the rocks were fused together from some very intense heat at some time millions of years ago. I bring all sorts of odd rocks home too. Neat find.
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

THAT is a sweet keeper!
          --Deb
          Child of the tides

Comment

There are some great limestone beds full of fossils in Dave's neck of the woods. As a kid, growing up in NW Ohio, we had flower beds built out of stacked quarried limestone. They were full of shells and Trilobites and other small ancient creatures. Fascinating as a youngster to destroy Mom's flower beds while playing geologist, breaking apart those flat rocks.
            Winters in Arizona, summers in Michigan's UP. What could be better?

Comment

Working...
            X