Found on Ohio River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found on Ohio River

just thought it was really cool. Not sure if it’s rock, fossil, or petrified wood.
    Northern Ky

Owen - That's just plain strange. I know it's a rock but that double groove is really strange. It doesn't look like petrified wood to me. Other than rubbing against something or something rubbing against it, I can't think of how it would get that way. But - Mother Nature can do some really strange things.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Owen70
      Owen70 commented
      Editing a comment
      I already had a pocket full of rocks but couldn’t pass on this strange one. Thanks

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a few as well. One I found all by itself in a clay bank and thought it was an artifact. However - everyone on here and a local archaeologist disagreed and said it was just a rock. I sill got it just in case someone else says it's an artifact. I have my doubts about it being a rock.

Yes the geologic process can create some amazing things if that in fact is what made those marks. To quote Red from Shawshank Redemption about geology "time and pressure"...cool find Owen...I would have added it to the box also...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Owen70
      Owen70 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Baba, I’m a sucker for strange rocks. Drives my wife crazy 😜

I have a problem with jars of them . Chips for days !!!

Comment

Working...
    X