A piece my grandpa left me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A piece my grandpa left me

My grandpa gave me this when I was a kid. He found it about 70 years ago. The other local farmers wanted to bust it open. It would've been a mistake and he'd never do it.

Hi Jason; Just what do you think this is? I don't think that it is a Indian artifact. Looks really interesting. I think if I had it I would have it cut in half just to see what was in it. If anything??. Interesting it will be fun to see what others say about it.

Comment

Ron, a flying saucer maybe?  Not really, I'm not too sure.  It was found on his farm in Central IL.  Maybe it's a odd product of glacier movement or a natural process or maybe it is man made.  Fun to think about its a strange rock.

Comment

Here's a thought, try putting it out during the day and see if it close to working for a sundial. That is what it kinda looks like to me, probably reaching but it is worth a shot. Interesting rock irregardless if it's an artifact or not.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea.  I'll give it a shot and see what it does or does not do.  Like you said either way it's interesting and I'll like it the same.  Say it is an artifact.  Why would it be identical on both sides for an sundial or otherwise?

Comment

I have found something that looks like that made out of sandstone. I was told that it was made by a mud bubble caused by volcanic action.

Comment

I think that's about the best explanation I've heard.  A mud bubble would make sense as to why its a mirror image on both sides.  I think thats a pretty logical explanation.

Comment

Working...
              X