5,655 carat emerald discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5,655 carat emerald discovered

Check this out! Anyone want to buy an emerald?
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Good grief! That thing is massive!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I found it, lol. What are you doing up so early

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I get up at four to do my homeschooling, so I can be done by 10-11am.

Wow what a stone thanks for sharing BA! They find some massive emeralds just down the road from me. Its the only significant emerald mine in North America located in Hiddenite NC. No where near the size of that stone but they have found some stones over 1000 carets.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome. That's pretty awesome. You ever think about investing in property around hiddenite? Have you ever found any emeralds while out hunting artifacts?

BA I don't think you can find the emeralds on the surface there only in a relatively small area that you can't get anywhere near. Hiddenite NC does have the only emerald mine open to the public I've been meaning to take my kid there mining. The mine was just broken into last weekend where precious stones were stolen including the gem Hiddenite its the only place in the world where it is found. If there was any property available near the mine it has already been gobbled up by the big mining company's. It is a good read about discovery of the gems the guy became a millionaire overnight and immediately had to hire a security crew. For some images just google Carolina Queen, King, and emperor emeralds.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. I didn't know if it was like down in Arkansas where you can find diamonds or the surface. Never heard of hiddenite, I'll have to check that out.

Well that’s the find of the century . Or maybe not according to the article I think they are on a got spot .
    Pretty cool BA you early birds .
    Sugaree , I have read a few articles through the decades of kids pulling out big gem stones on these sites so you never know .

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that thing is going to make alot of jewelry.

I’d have me a cool green hat made out of that thing!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunglasses

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa...yeah....the baddest sunglasses ever.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I would take a little piece for myself for a necklace to tell the story .. sell the rest and buy as much land and put an awsome cabin on it .

Comment

Working...
    X