Airplane Effigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Effigy

Most every kid that picked up rocks got a rock tumbler for Christmas right? Used once, maybe, then put away forever. Well I came across mine 30 years later. I wa 40 and my son was 5. Took it out of the box. Picked a few rocks out of the buckets in the closet. Choosing some that I didn't think where anything special. Followed the instructions. When I dumped them out my son grabs this one and says, "look dad, an airplane!"

Young one has quite the imagination.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Probably too late to tell what this might have been, if anything. I wont mention the beautiful pink petrified palm wood Clovis Core. I let a friends kid pick a few rocks out. It was pretty, would have been a perfect text book sample. Damn hindsight. I am going to find the hand ax that I threw as far as I could many years ago. I know the general area, I’ll find it. I wish I could remember where I found this fluted point preform, but I have no idea. Always been in my collection. Never impressed me much and didn’t think much of it until someone here pointed it out

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Look's like a Midsection.

• Warren Matthew
        Warren Matthew commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I accidentally inserted this photo here.
        I was told this is a fluted point preform.

I was thinking the same thing Josh

Comment

I am looking for anyone who has seen pottery with..... 2 opposed spouts...holes that have been punched in various bands and decorative gray stripping. Appreciate and help!!

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have any images, a type, or are you just looking for something that fits that disciprion?
      Working...
      X