• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trilobite??

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F43289B-BB00-483A-A010-E058A7A5228C.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	341192 Does this look like a Paradoxide??

Paging Dr. Tom......Dr. Tom to the red phone....
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I do believe it's a trilobite fossil but I don't think it meets the size to qualify for a Paradoxide genus which is the large to very large trilobite. But that's just my opinion - let's wait for Tom's analysis.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

OMG I dunno LOL but it is a niiize spezzimen! With it plastered inside a depression like that, very weird. I'm not even sure it's a trilobite lol you must know more about them. Are they generally in limerock (is that limerock?) I have seen them mostly in shale kinda stuff up in NJ/NY/Penn. due to age and pressure etc
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

If you can discern from my pics as to what you see in your specimen , then it is a Tril.
          This one came from B.C. Canada. At the time it was living, B.C. was a island.... JJ
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Not knowing where it was found adds little to the ID and so little showing don't help any but from what I can see it looks like a Phacopida order trilobite due to the pygidium and it termaniting so close to the posterior margin As for the species or even the super family I wouldn't hazard a guess. Probably a Phacopida
            SE IA

Comment

Working...
            X