Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fakers and a self taught geology lesson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakers and a self taught geology lesson.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	374443 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	374444 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	374445 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	374446 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	374447 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	374448 Do you know whats worse than not fining anything? Thinking you found a gun flint and a broken ax only to take them home, clean them and realize they are just natural rocks. A momoclinic gypsum crystal and a chunk of weathered sandstone. It wasn't a complete loss, I learned a little about crystal structures and did find a broken piece of a hopewell core. Also, I spotted both from a distance and in the water, so I know my eyes are still working. The shapes were spot on. Apparently gypsum only forms this type of crystal under perfect conditions, so that's something I guess. Hopefully next time out, real artifacts.
    Last edited by flintguy; 06-23-2019, 10:54 AM.
    Central Ohio

Learning is a good thing. I have a type of rock in the creek that looks like flint and it even has shapes like artifacts. But just natural but can get your heart pumping if you don’t know what it is.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

That chunk of sandstone could be a net weight....
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I was thinking that at first glance Jethro. Cool rocks though Flint
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
        X