Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what happens when you tell your landscape crazy wife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens when you tell your landscape crazy wife...

This is the result of telling your landscape crazy wife that you just happen to know of a pile of field rocks. Anyone know just what kind of rock is pictured? Other than big and heavy? The same one is front and center of the pile.
    Attached Files
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

That looks like a huge block of limestone. Typical bedrock for your part of the country.
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

The one that is pictured by itself PK ?

Comment

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah right Johnny. Never needed a hand truck and a pickup to carry points around...lol

• pkfrey
        pkfrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it looks like a lot of feldspar and dolomite inclusions, very common for bedrock limestone, but that's only going from the photo, without seeing it up close.

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok PK thanks for the input...

holy moly
      Wyoming

Comment

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's what my back said...lol...

Lol. I would be one of those landscape crazy wives. I once had my husband move a huge quartz bolder. He worked hard with the forks on the tractor to get it to the house. I decided I didn't like it so much. It's now located at the edge of the woods😏
      South Carolina

Comment

aqua blue flagstone??
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

That all came from the foundation of an old corn crib that was demo'd to clear the land for planting. It was a unique old crib. We used to pheasant hunt the land and there was always a barn owl that hung out in there. A lot of nice flagstone, granite and such.

Comment

What are ya going to name your new mountain there? I don’t have any room to talk though. I replaced our flower beds with rock gardens. I figured that it would be easier to keep the rocks from wilting and as it turns out it is much simpler. Not one single rock has died or had to be replanted yet! I’m just glad we don’t have boulders down here or I would be naming my mountain lol!
            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• BabaORiley
              BabaORiley commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Art. I got a masonry blade for my skilsaw and cut most of the limestone in half. We were able to line about 80 ft of landscape with it. The boulders were placed strategically by my wife. It turned out very well as buying that much is very costly.
          Working...
          X