No announcement yet.

Foundations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ta hear from ya, Von. Ima head up there tomorrow morning to poke around for a few days. It's bout time for the part-timers ta thin outta the woods so's me-n-the-pigs-n-smallgame-n-rocks can get back to our bidness.
    Got grande plans to do a bit more rummaging thru that area. This time mebbe I can see fit ta remember the GoPro. d:^)
    Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

Comment

Originally posted by Von View Post
      Cool looking site! It looks kind of like the foundation of an old bridge? It could also be the remains of an old gold mill? You should find the remains of one or more mill ponds up stream if that’s what it is.Von
      I went back today and made a GoPro vid of walking up that creek. What I thought were 3 separate foundations I now think are part of a foundation and a busted dam. The 2 sides lined up perfectly. And there was a trough that looks like it may have diverted water to the lower foundation I pictured in this thread.
      ..Hard ta tell but ya might be on to somethin there Mr Von.
      Or it could just be a still! Hehehe. d:^)

Comment

Dug around and found a pic of the dam that I originally thought was 2 separate foundations. And it very possibly could have been a bridge. But hard ta tell for sure.
        You can barely see the other side of it thru the small trees in the pic. The vid is more revealing. d:^)
        Last edited by HawgBonz; 01-03-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Small bridge makes sense
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• HawgBonz
            HawgBonz commented
            Editing a comment
            Next time I'm out there I'll see if there's any sign of a road bed on the other side. In some ways I wish I could think of this kinda stuff when I'm there. But there's worse things than havin ta revisit places like this. d:^)

Added video

Comment

Working...
          X